In this section you will learn how to upload your products manually. That is, one by one. This method is recommended when you have a small product catalog. Uploading products manually is a quick and easy way to add your SKUs to the system. Here is a video on how to do it. Let's get started!
STEP 1: SELECT THE CATALOG MODULE
- Log in to the Seller Center, then select the CATALOG module.
- Now, go to the MANUAL PRODUCT UPLOAD module.
STEP 2: FILL IN PRODUCT DATA
The general data must be filled in (right fields). The specifications (left fields) must be at least 80% filled in. Remember that the technical data sheet is a key factor in the purchasing decision. Products that do not have a technical data sheet are often seen as not very trustworthy.
When filling in the "General Data", please consider the following:
- The ID is a field that the system does not allow you to fill in. It is automatically generated once the product has been created.
- Category: Clicking on the category field will open a pop up window where you can search the category you want. For example: baby care. This category selection is used to complete the information on the data sheet. However, it is not the category in which your products will appear on the e-commerce. Each company has a different categories, so we are responsible for placing your products in the category they fit best and where customers can find them faster.
- When you select the category, the fields to be completed for the specifications will automatically show up on the right (if they do not appear, issue a ticket to support with the name of the category so that the content team can help you complete them).
- The name field is the name of the product that will be displayed on the web. This field must be filled in following certain parameters, otherwise the content team will not be able to activate it. The way to name the products is as follows: Product Type + Brand + Model + Outstanding Attribute. For example: Cell Phone Samsung Galaxy A50 64GB Blue / Quilt Aquarela Primavera Double. This is what the name looks like on the web:
This is what the product description looks like on the e-commerce:
5. Select the brand (if you cannot find it, please contact the content team via SUPPORT so they can create it).
6. Sites (choose the sites at which your products are targeted
7. Fill in the specification fields. This is what the data sheet looks like on the web:
STEP 3: CLICK ON SAVE AND COMPLETE THE PROCESS
When you confirm the product is created, a pop-up window will automatically appear, where you need to complete all the fields requested to create the product variant.
STEP 4: COMPLETE "CREATE PRODUCT VARIANT" FIELDS
It is necessary to complete the data requested following these parameters:
- The UPC code is the EAN, also known as Universal Product Code. If you do not have this information, you can enter a number to identify your products. This entry can only be numeric and have more than 6 digits. Also, avoid common or easy numbers. Failure to comply with this will result in the rejection of the product. Keep in mind that this entry cannot be edited once it has been created.
- SKU ID is automatically generated when the product is created.
- As there is no other variant, the Name field must be filled in with exactly the same name the product was created in the first place. It must be spelled exactly the same. This name also appears at the top of the pop-up window so you can copy it. (Fashion products do not follow this rule).
- Regular price: This is the final price the customer will see on the websites.
- Discounted price: This is the reduced price the customer will see on the websites.
- Valid until: Select the date up to which the discount is valid.
- Measurements with packaging: These measurements are not visible to the customer. This data is used to calculate the shipping cost of the products. These fields must be filled in with rounded numbers; the use of periods or commas is not allowed. The volume field is automatically calculated by the system. Be very careful with this field. If it is not completed correctly, shipping prices may be miscalculated and will not match the size of the product.
- Select image: images must be in jpg or png format; the minimum size that can be processed is 1000*1000 px. The first image must be in CATALOG format (photo showing only the product against a white background, with no logos, watermarks, frames, etc.). The other images can show the product in normal settings.
STEP 5: CONFIRM VARIANT CREATION PROCESS
When you have finished completing the fields, click on "save" (this option will be active once all fields are complete). To check whether the product was successfully created you can go to "Manage products" where your entire product catalog will be displayed.
And this is how you create a product manually.
Hope this was helpful!